Dating roughly from the year 1000, this is one of the oldest surviving monuments of the middle Byzantine period on the island, and the only one built in the cross-shaped, inscribed, domed style. The church is dedicated to Jason and Sosipater, two disciples of St Paul who introduced the Christian faith to Corfu. Their graves, with pieces of their Holy Relics, are in the church itself. Extant tiled ornaments may still be seen.The two large portable icons of the honoured saints are by E. Tzannes. The preserved fragments of wall paintings belong to the 11th – 14th centuries. Outside, the annex on the NW corner belongs to the post Byzantine period and is used as a residence for the priest.